- On June 29, 2016, 45 theologians from all over the world addressed to the Dean of the College of Cardinals, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, a critical analysis of the post-synodal exhortation Amoris laetitia in which they condemn 19 statements in this Papal document.
The Little Sisters of the Abandoned Elderly in Chissano (Mozambique) took into their home this week a 25 year-old African young girl named Olivia, who despite not being baptized at the time and not having any legs, crawled 2.5 miles every Sunday to attend Mass
(15/08/2008) Westminster Exorcist Says Promiscuity can Lead to Demonic Possession - Hilary White
A priest of Westminster, the leading diocese of the Catholic Church of England and Wales, has written that promiscuity, whether homosexual or heterosexual, can lead to dire spiritual consequences, in addition to the dangers to physical health
(25/07/2008) Vatican approves new English translation for Mass
The Vatican has given formal approval to a new English translation of the central prayers of the Mass for use in the United States
After the rehabilitation of the "tridentine" Latin Mass and the reappearance of lace albs, Benedict XVI on Sunday went a step further in bringing back former liturgical practices by distributing communion to the faithful who knelt on a prie-dieu.
- Yet another Episcopal bishop has announced his intention to resign from the Episcopal Church and become a Roman Catholic
(09/11/2007) Baltimore priest removed for liturgical abuseBaltimore`s Archbishop Edwin O`Brien has removed a pastor who invited a female Episcopalian priest to join him in celebrating a funeral Mass
(08/10/2007) SSPX Denies Doctrinal Dialogue - Brian MershonNews reports disseminated primarily on French language websites and blogs last week asserting that the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) has been in secret doctrinal discussions with theologians of the Holy See are incorrect, according to the Society’s official news service
- Bishop Geoffrey Robinson, a retired auxiliary of the Sydney archdiocese, endorses "the most radical changes since Martin Luther started the 16th century Protestant Reformation," the Australian newspaper The Age reports
(16/07/2007) Pope Benedict uses older ritual for his private MassPope Benedict XVI ,who recently issued a motu proprio allowing all Catholic priests to celebrate the old Latin Mass, uses the older ritual himself for his private Mass, CWN has learned
(21/07/2007) Papal Mystery: Is Benedict Downplaying Vatican II by Decrees? - Francis X. RoccaIn making two controversial decisions this month -- opening the door to wider celebration of the Latin Mass and asserting the Roman Catholic Church as the one true "church of Christ" -- the Vatican insisted that no essential Catholic belief or practice had been changed
- One of the authors of Vatican II´s liturgy document, "Sacrosanctum Concilium", has said that the changes in the liturgy could turn the Mass into a social event, with the trivialisation of language and elimination of the sacred
(08/03/2007) Cardinal Lehmann: I don`t believe in ChurchInterviewer: There are more and more people who don’t believe in the Church or Christendom, who are skeptical…..
Lehmann: I do not believe in Church and also not
- Fernando Sáenz Lacalle, the archbishop of San Salvador (El Salvador), where Spanish "Liberation theologian" Jon Sobrino, SJ, resides, confirmed today that the Vatican has sanctioned him.
(21/02/2007) ´It Is the Holy Father Who Will Decide` - Anthony ValleAll who are interested in the Church’s liturgy are wondering if the Pope will soon issue a motu proprio allowing the celebration of the "Old Mass," and (if he does), what it will say. One of the Vatican’s liturgists sheds light on the Pope’s plans
- A solid interview with Dom Christopher Zielinski, OSB Oliv., Abbot of the Olivetan Abbey of Our Lady of Guadalupe, in Pecos, New Mexico
- One of the seven Lutheran participants said, that he finally understood during these Ignatian exercises how to read the Bible in a meditating and comprehending way. Another one said: "I discovered Mary!"
(06/12/2006) Turkish mufti would not match Pope"s gestureTurkey’s top Islamic official has conceded that he would not be prepared to make the sort of gesture that Pope Benedict XVI made last week, when the Holy Father prayed silently at the Blue Mosque.
(18/11/2006) Pro multis means "for many," Vatican rulesThe Vatican has ruled that the phrase pro multis should be rendered as "for many" in all new translations of the Eucharistic Prayer, CWN has learned.
(28/08/2006) Hitler and Stalin were possessed by the Devil, says Vatican exorcist - NICK PISAAdolf Hitler and Russian leader Stalin were possessed by the Devil, the Vatican`s chief exorcist has claimed.