Church and Religion
- On June 29, 2016, 45 theologians from all over the world addressed to the Dean of the College of Cardinals, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, a critical analysis of the post-synodal exhortation Amoris laetitia in which they condemn 19 statements in this Papal document.
(15/08/2008) Westminster Exorcist Says Promiscuity can Lead to Demonic Possession - Hilary White
A priest of Westminster, the leading diocese of the Catholic Church of England and Wales, has written that promiscuity, whether homosexual or heterosexual, can lead to dire spiritual consequences, in addition to the dangers to physical health
(25/07/2008) Vatican approves new English translation for Mass
The Vatican has given formal approval to a new English translation of the central prayers of the Mass for use in the United States
After the rehabilitation of the "tridentine" Latin Mass and the reappearance of lace albs, Benedict XVI on Sunday went a step further in bringing back former liturgical practices by distributing communion to the faithful who knelt on a prie-dieu.
- Yet another Episcopal bishop has announced his intention to resign from the Episcopal Church and become a Roman Catholic
(09/11/2007) Baltimore priest removed for liturgical abuseBaltimore`s Archbishop Edwin O`Brien has removed a pastor who invited a female Episcopalian priest to join him in celebrating a funeral Mass
(08/10/2007) SSPX Denies Doctrinal Dialogue - Brian MershonNews reports disseminated primarily on French language websites and blogs last week asserting that the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX) has been in secret doctrinal discussions with theologians of the Holy See are incorrect, according to the Society’s official news service
- Bishop Geoffrey Robinson, a retired auxiliary of the Sydney archdiocese, endorses "the most radical changes since Martin Luther started the 16th century Protestant Reformation," the Australian newspaper The Age reports
(16/07/2007) Pope Benedict uses older ritual for his private MassPope Benedict XVI ,who recently issued a motu proprio allowing all Catholic priests to celebrate the old Latin Mass, uses the older ritual himself for his private Mass, CWN has learned
(21/07/2007) Papal Mystery: Is Benedict Downplaying Vatican II by Decrees? - Francis X. RoccaIn making two controversial decisions this month -- opening the door to wider celebration of the Latin Mass and asserting the Roman Catholic Church as the one true "church of Christ" -- the Vatican insisted that no essential Catholic belief or practice had been changed
- One of the authors of Vatican II´s liturgy document, "Sacrosanctum Concilium", has said that the changes in the liturgy could turn the Mass into a social event, with the trivialisation of language and elimination of the sacred
(08/03/2007) Cardinal Lehmann: I don`t believe in ChurchInterviewer: There are more and more people who don’t believe in the Church or Christendom, who are skeptical…..
Lehmann: I do not believe in Church and also not
- Fernando Sáenz Lacalle, the archbishop of San Salvador (El Salvador), where Spanish "Liberation theologian" Jon Sobrino, SJ, resides, confirmed today that the Vatican has sanctioned him.
(21/02/2007) ´It Is the Holy Father Who Will Decide` - Anthony ValleAll who are interested in the Church’s liturgy are wondering if the Pope will soon issue a motu proprio allowing the celebration of the "Old Mass," and (if he does), what it will say. One of the Vatican’s liturgists sheds light on the Pope’s plans
- A solid interview with Dom Christopher Zielinski, OSB Oliv., Abbot of the Olivetan Abbey of Our Lady of Guadalupe, in Pecos, New Mexico
- One of the seven Lutheran participants said, that he finally understood during these Ignatian exercises how to read the Bible in a meditating and comprehending way. Another one said: "I discovered Mary!"
(06/12/2006) Turkish mufti would not match Pope"s gestureTurkey’s top Islamic official has conceded that he would not be prepared to make the sort of gesture that Pope Benedict XVI made last week, when the Holy Father prayed silently at the Blue Mosque.
(18/11/2006) Pro multis means "for many," Vatican rulesThe Vatican has ruled that the phrase pro multis should be rendered as "for many" in all new translations of the Eucharistic Prayer, CWN has learned.
- Catholic bishops urged believers against supporting the registration of a Mormon church in Slovakia, saying that would be a betrayal of the Catholic Church
(25/08/2006) Lefebvrite bishop says no progress on reconciliation with Vatican - John ThavisA year after his meeting with Pope Benedict XVI, the head of the Society of St. Pius X, Bishop Bernard Fellay, said there had been no substantial progress on reconciliation with the Vatican
(14/04/2006) Medjugorje: Pope does not believe as authentic apparitions that occur every day and for so many years - John L. Allen Jr.Pope:"We at the Congregation [for the Doctrine of the Faith] always asked ourselves, how can any believer accept as authentic apparitions that occur every day and for so many years? Are they still occurring every day?"
- Allow me to dismantle this consensus myth by remembering the chronology of somewhat verifyable events regarding the Traditional Mass and reconciliation with the SSPX in the past 12 months
(29/03/2006) Bishops bowing to Rome, members of religious orders say - Alan HustakPope Benedict XVI said last week that he intends to rely more heavily on the advice of his cardinals. At the council of cardinals Friday in Rome, where 15 new prelates were installed, the pope made it clear he wants them to function in an expanded role "as a sort of senate."
(16/02/2006) Window of Non-ChristiansHeretic vitral of St. Ambrose church (Buffalo,NY) shows Holly Father sending Holly Spirit to Budha
(19/01/2006) Who was Joseph Ratzinger? And who is Benedict XVI? - Dr. Robert MoynihanThere has been a remarkable silence in Rome for nine months . The new Pope's inner circle is very small and tight. There have been no "leaks" in this pontificate. So what has been going on? Benedict has been "putting on" his new name . He has been adjusting to the dramatic change that occurred in his identity on April 19. (One way he has been doing this is by praying the rosary daily with his personal secretary.) He is no longer Joseph Ratzinger, but Benedict. He is becoming Benedict to himself, and will become Benedict before our eyes during 2006 and after. We will all soon see who Benedict really is.
(21/12/2005) Pro-life religious order for catholic priests, leaders finalized - Steven ErteltThe first official pro-life society for Catholic religious has been officially formed.
(09/12/2005) On priestly life and ministry - John L. Allen Jr.`A homily by a lay person can be very well-prepared theologically, but that person cannot act with the sacramental identity and the authority of Christ`, Castrillón Hoyos said.
- ´They are within the confines of the Church. The problem is just that there is a lack of a full, a more perfect – and as it was said during the meeting with Msgr. Fellay – a more full communion, because communion exists.`
(28/10/2005) New Hope for the "Old Mass"... or Not? - Robert Moynihan and Andrew RabelSome signs point in one direction, some in another. Is there a Vatican document in preparation on the subject? Perhaps. The decision will have to be taken by Benedict XVI...
(13/05/2003) The Return of the Latin Mass? - Robert Moynihan
(09/05/2003) Cardinal Ratzinger criticises Cardinal Lehmann
(10/08/2003) Evolution: Philosophy, not Science - Gregory Koukl
(01/01/1980) Post-Vatican II statistics prove it! - Michael Davies